At AccessPrivacy, we are always developing, updating and adding content. In recent weeks, we have made the following additions, now available to Knowledge Portal subscribers:
- Updates to Legislative Reform Portal and Tools & Charts to reflect the proposed Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2022 (Bill C-27):
- A hyperlinked version of the proposed Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA);
- A clause-by-clause annotated version of the CPPA, including commentary and comparison to corresponding PIPEDA sections;
- A comparison of Bill C-27 to the former Bill C-11 (which died on the order paper in 2021);
- A CPPA-PIPEDA table of concordance;
- The slide deck from Adam Kardash's June 2022 monthly call recording: an overview and key initial reflections on the CPPA;
- CPD-eligible recordings of the monthly calls from June 2022 and July 2022 (featuring Dr. Teresa Scassa) are available publically on-demand via their event pages.
The Winter 2022 Privacy in the Courts publication, with 22 informative case summaries.
Updates regarding the provisions of Quebec's Bill 64 (loi 25) coming into foce on September 22, 2022:
- Updates to the breach notification topic hub, including links to Quebec's draft regulation;
- Updates to the biometrics topic hub to reflect changes to the Quebec IT Act;
- Updates to the role of Chief Privacy Officer topic hub;
- Updates to the Consent Exceptions: Business Transactions and Consent Exceptions: Statistical, Scholarly Study, or Research topic hubs;
- For more information regarding the Bill 64 provisions coming into force in 2022, please view Osler's "Preparing for privacy reform in Québec" webinar, featuring Adam Kardash and Julien Morissette.
- Annotated Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Québec) as amended by Bill 64 and the Coming into Force dates of the new provisions (Updates to Legislative Reform Portal)
- Quebec Private Sector Privacy Law: Demonstrable Accountability Checklist (Accountability and Governance)
- Comparison of Key Elements of Quebec’s Privacy Law Reform, Bill 64, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU)
- This document was reviewed through a screen-share during our AccessPrivacy Workshop held on October 15, 2021.
Updates to the Transborder Service Provider Arrangements chart to reflect recent amendments to BC and Quebec provisions.