Osler’s AccessPrivacy team, in conjunction with our Labor and Employment, Commercial, Technology and Litigation colleagues, advise on a broad range of privacy and data-related legal matters, including:
- Complying with all Canadian federal and provincial privacy and access to information laws, as well as Canada anti-spam legislation (CASL)
- Developing privacy policies and guidelines, including consumer-facing notices and employee workplace policies
- Negotiating data and privacy-related provisions for commercial agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance transactions.
- Facilitating cross-border data transfers and advising on the interplay between Canadian and foreign data protection laws
- Managing significant data breach incidents and advising on compliance with regulatory reporting and notification requirements
- Representing clients in the context of regulatory investigations by data protection authorities, submitting representations and negotiating resolutions
- Representing clients in privacy litigation, including judicial reviews of regulatory findings, privacy tort claims and class action lawsuits
Our services are provided on a flat-fee or hourly basis. To view our full range of Osler Legal Services visit Privacy and Data Management on Osler.com.