AccessPrivacy Annual Conference - June 7, 2023
June 7, 2023
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Following a few years of pandemic-necessitated hiatus, we are excited to be planning our 11th AccessPrivacy Conference for June 7, 2023. Click here to download the conference agenda.
As with past years, our in-person conference in our Toronto offices will bring together leading privacy professionals and thought leaders from across Canada for a day of insightful panel discussions about a wide range of topics, including:
- Reflections on Canadian Privacy Legislative Reform and the Proposed Regulation of Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Facilitating Data Ethics and Responsible Personal Information Processing
- Civil Society and Academic Perspectives on Emerging Developments in the Canadian Privacy and Data Arena
- Treatment of Anonymized and De-identified Data in Proposed Legislative Schemes: A Canadian Anonymization Network Panel
- Privacy Commissioners Roundtable
- Complex Data Sharing Arrangements and Emerging Data Governance Models: Lessons Learned from the Health Sector
- Osler Data Litigation Thought Leadership Roundtable
- And more!
Our confirmed panelists include:
- Martin Abrams, Chief Policy Innovation Officer at The Information Accountability Foundation (IAF)
- Bojana Bellamy, President of the Centre for Information Policy Leadership (CIPL)
- Kristian Brabander, Litigation Partner, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Rosario Cartagena, Chief Privacy and Legal Officer/Corporate Secretary at the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES)
- Abigail Carter-Langford, Vice President, Governance, Risk and Compliance & Chief Privacy Officer at Canada Health Infoway
- Dr. Khaled El Emam, Canada Research Chair in Medical AI, University of Ottawa; Co-founder and CEO of Replica Analytics
- Mark Gelowitz, Litigation Partner, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Keren Groll, Senior Special Counsel, Privacy & Data Innovation at TD Bank
- Brent Homan, Deputy Commissioner, Compliance at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Alwin Kong, General Counsel, Chief Privacy Officer & Corporate Secretary, LifeLabs
- Patricia Kosseim, Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- Nadine Letson, Head of Corporate, External and Legal Affairs at Microsoft
- Craig Lockwood, Litigation Partner, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Emily MacKinnon, Litigation Partner, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Brenda McPhail, Acting Executive Director, Master of Public Policy in Digital Society at McMaster University; on leave from the Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA)
- Dr. Eric Meslin, President and CEO of the Council of Canadian Academies
- Suzanne Morin, VP Enterprise Conduct, Data Ethics and Chief Privacy Officer at Sun Life
- The Honourable Marshall Rothstein, Osler Partner and former Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Dr. Teresa Scassa, Canada Research Chair in Information Law and Policy, University of Ottawa
- Pamela Snively, Chief Data and Trust Officer at TELUS Communications
- Cara-Lynn Stelmack, Assistant Commissioner, Operations and Compliance at the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
- Jeannette Van Den Bulk, Deputy Commissioner at the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia;
**NOTE: This event is SOLD OUT. If you wish to be placed on our waiting list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now open! The cost to attend is $550 + HST for non-subscribers.
If you are a Knowledge Portal subscriber, you are eligible for a 25% discount. Please email us at email@example.com if you require assistance in registering for this event at the Subscriber's special rate.
Continuing Professional Development:
- Ontario: The program contains 6 hours and 15 minutes of Substantive content.
- British Columbia: This program contains 6 hours and 15 minutes of General content
- Québec : Ce programme est admissible à 6 heures et 15 minutes de formation continue.